Sunday 20 April 2014

Another pair of slippers.

Remember these lovely bow slippers?


Well I love them and decided my sister would probably like a pair as well.  She lives in a flat that has wooden floors throughout and she does love to slide her way around it so what could be more perfect that wooly slippers.

I wanted to make her something more tailored to her tastes and when going for a walk around Holme Pierrpont was suddenly inspired by some Daisy's, Rheanne's favourite flowers.


I thought about getting some yarn dyed in the colours of the grass and Daisy's.  I ruled this out as the slippers would end up randomly distributed and wouldn't necessarily resemble Daisy's.

I decided I would make the slippers green with a flower on the top.  I looked at the boucle I had and I didn't have enough to do the whole slipper in chocolate brown but decided I would use this as the sole to represent the soil, the lighter shade could be the top soil, the green the grass and a daisy on top.

I didn't have any yellow wool, only acrylic so asked around my knitting group but they only had acrylic as well.  It was suggested that I use a big yellow button, genius!


Aren't they brill! My only disappointment is the obvious stitching around he sole.  I had to use one of the boucle yarns and whichever one I used it stood out on the other one.  I couldn't do a lot about it so just had to go with it.

Rheanne loves them, I'm really happy with them as well.  Thanks again to Jem for writing this wonderful pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment