Wednesday 5 February 2014

A little bit of crochet.

Remember when I wrote this post about my first attemt to dye yarn?  Well I got around to using it pretty quickly.

I ordered some yarn from Truly Hooked quite some time ago and oh my did I fall in love with it.  I had planned on using it for the stripes in a Paulie cardigan but I just couldnt wait to use it up and knew it would be years before I actually got around to the cardigan.


So, in need of a quick and easy project to satisfy my desires I whipped up yet another Elise Shawl.
A person can never have too many shawls and scarves, I wear one every day and still need a wider array of colours.



It may not be clear in this photograph but I used my hand dyed yarn to edge the shawl.  I estimate I had approximately 30g of my yarn so I knew it wouldn't go too far.  It did however get around the shawl twice to create a lovely edging like this.

 

I'm so pleased with how this one has turned out.  There have already been a number of attempted shawl-nappings take place.  It's MINE!


Whilst I am here, remember this?

I have finally got it out of its box and I am hoping to make some serious progress with it over the next few weeks.  Lucy of Attic 24 told me it was not colourful enough.  I think she might have been right!

No comments:

Post a Comment