Monday 26 August 2013

Squirrel Nutkins day out.

A while ago my Mum was told about a knitted tree competition being held throughout the chain of care homes she works for.  I think it is mostly for the residents to knit but my Mum's residents are all rather poorly so not capable of too much knitting.  She therefore has been asking friends and family to get involved and I was asked to make a squirrel.  I have to admit I was rather unenthusiastic but once I started Mr Nutkins I rather enjoyed it.  The pattern involved wrapping stitches which was interesting as it made me think about a different way of heeling socks other than way I do now.  Anyway, here is the delightful Squirrel Nutkins enjoying an acorn whilst chilling in the tree in the front garden.

                                  

I hadn't quite finished Mr Nutkins tail when we set off for a picnic this afternoon so he came along with me, I knitted his acorn in the car so he didn't feel too left out while we were tucking into our dinner.

We found a lovely spot by the canal in Zouch where we could watch the boats passing through the lock and the cows wading on the other side.

       

                         
                            

      

Squirrel Nutkins spent most of his time asleep in my bag but he did pop out for a quick sit on a bush and a chat with Tom.

                               

                                  

From our picnic spot we wandered along the canal the other side of the road through Zouch and had a go at skimming stones.

    

We also admired the wier and the speed at which the water travelled.  I just love being by water, must be the Piscean in me.

  

I also stopped to say Hello to these two lovely ducks, they looked very happy chilling on their log although I'm not sure how long they will have it because it was slowly getting closer to the wier.

    


 


 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment