Wednesday 24 April 2013

Sweet cous-cous

As some of you may be aware I am attempting to lose weight at the moment.  I am going to slimming world and getting on quite well, apart from the last week after a trip to my parents.  Anyway, I was sat here earlier with no sins left and not a lot in my cupboard.  I racked my brains and looked online and realised I could cook cous-cous in milk.  Cous-cous being free and the milk being the remainder of my daily allowance.

Next step was look for something to flavour the cous-cous with.  I decided to boil the milk in a pan with some rose water, sweetener, mixed spice, a cardamom pod and some orange zest.  Once it was hot I poured in the cous-cous and let it thicken.

I didn't know what to expect but it was delicious which is why I am sharing this little story.


No comments:

Post a Comment