Sunday 31 March 2013

Elise

A while back I read this lovely little post about the Elise Shawl which I fell in love with.  How pretty is it!

As I am going on a posh cruise in the summer with Tom and my family I decided I needed something special to cover my shoulders when wearing my bargain £20 charity shop ball gown originally from Monsoon.  I looked at other shawl patterns but kept getting drawn back to this one so the next choice was yarn and colour.

I wanted an elegant and special yarn to match the occasion and decided to treat myself to a ball of  Regia Lace in the purples colour way.

I am using a smaller hook than suggested and it is creating a lovely tight pattern and the changing colours are very evident.  I didn't realise just how beautiful it would turn out to be, the yarn has a lovely sheen to it and the colours are just so rich, well worth the few bob I paid for it.

It is however taking me quite some time to make, Eleanor cast on one evening at knitting group with a large hook and double knit cotton soft, she was done the next day!  She is a speed demon anyway but this made me incredibly jealous and I have to admit I didn't look at mine for a week.

I am far from finished but I wanted to share my progress and show you all the lovely flower patterns forming in the shawl.  There are simple five petal flowers blooming but there are also what look like Fuschias forming aswell and I think this is because of the tightness of the pattern.

I am also working on a large number of other things but I just had to talk about this as I think it is one of my faves at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment