Sunday 24 February 2013

Sweater club and my first knitted item of clothing.

Yaaaaayyy!!! I have finished my first ever knitted item of clothing and I love, love, love it! I have mostly kept it under wraps so I could have a big unveiling.

It has taken me some time to knot but I have got a lot of other things done as well so 2 months isn't too bad. I started with the back which was probably the easiest part really (apart from the plain button band). The front panels were pretty easy as well but the decreases at the top and edges looked a bit tatty for my liking, after checking with the Guru Eleanor she told me it would all work out in the end.

As for the sleeves, what a saga! I finished one and cracked on with the second. After some deliberation and checking with Guru E it was decided that they were actually massive and ridiculous looking so it all got ripped out and I did it again. 3 sleeves and a pattern adjustment later they were done.

The button holes were also a pain in the bum but that was mostly down to bad maths, after doing some proper sums it was all fine.

I officially hate sewing up but I have to say it is worth it as I am so blinking proud of myself and so pleased with the finished article. Just wonderful!

The whole idea of sweater club was such a good one, Eleanor has been amazingly helpful and supportive throughout the time we have been knitting. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Such fun!

Now I have the bug I can't wait to finish my tunic and crack on with the next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment