Sunday 3 February 2013

My beautiful shawl and first large crochet project

Well, where does this story begin.  I think it starts with a trip to Knit Nottingham (as normal) where I met Verity properly for the first time, she was wearing a lovely green scarf which features on this little blog here.  When I got home I decided I wanted to make something similar, I looked up the pattern for the Elise shawl but I also did a quick search on Ravelry and found this stunner.  I read through the pattern which sounded terribly complicated but I decided that it is after all a few loops joined together and that I should give it a go.  I was amazed by how quickly I whizzed through the first set of 16 rows.  From here on I was in love and couldn't stop, that is until I ran out of yarn.  Here the panic set in, I had purchased the yarn in the sale and wasn't sure there was any left, after a frantic facebook message and online order to Eleanor there was a ball set aside for me, yippee!!  I have done nothing but crochet this darling for a few days, including on the train journey to my parents.  I have decided that train journeys are the prime time for knitting, not a lot else you can do on the train unless you want to entertain the other passengers and risk getting thrown off by doing a merry jig!  Anyway...it has now been blocked (i had a damp bed lastnight) and is ready to go, isn't it a stunner!


In other news, Tom is finally getting better and is back at work after about 6 months on Friday, just short shifts so his little knees don't get too sore.  I have a skills test for a job on Friday, fingers crossed they think I am suitable, the holiday to Marrakech we have had booked for nearly a year is coming up and things are generally looking very rosy.

Also, I got to ride my parents sit on lawnmower yesterday, so much fun.  For a little while I forgot about global warming and rode it to and from the house whenever anything was needed, the garden is not that big, probably would have been quicker to walk but it was good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment