Saturday 12 January 2013

What a week!

I have been a busy bee this week and generally speaking it's been good! A quick round up includes a trip to look at a car and realising we were 1.5 miles away from Tom's cousins pub so we popped in for a bite to eat, a number of meetings at work, a sock, a desk, a giggle filled trip to Knit Nottingham, some crochet and some hippo eggs.

On the work front it has finally been agreed that it would be wrong for the force to expect me to go back into my old role because of the stress it was causing. This means I am being placed on a redeployment register and I have 90 days to attempt to find an alternative. If there is nothing, I could risk being unemployed after the 90 days but as I have no intention of going back anyway it would be silly not to take this opportunity. Something temporary might come up in the mean time which would be great. All in all it's a fantastic result and one I am very pleased with. Just need to find a job but knowing I don't have to go back to the one that makes me ill is such a feeling of relief!

I have finished my first ever knitted sock, I have won a desk on eBay which I will collect tomorrow and after friends asking what they could bring for dinner I suggested Hippo eggs, they relabelled mini eggs and they tasted so much better as Hippo eggs.

I took a quick trip to Knit Nottingham to get some sock advice and whilst there Eleanor told me a rather amusing story about a horse, a rider and a false leg. Giggles a plenty so do ask if you see her.

My crafting this week has been very much this and that. I have been working on the sleeve of my cardigan but knowing I now have until Feb 24th I am taking it a bit slower so I have treated myself to some crochet. I have been working on the squares in my art of crochet magazine. Whilst the yarn is only acrylic and some of the squares are not the most attractive I am learning some new skills. I have made a ribbed square and the next one I am to take on has bobble stitch in it.

A few more things to blog about but this is a little round up of a few odds and ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment