Thursday 17 January 2013

Christmas present from my Nanna

My Nanna kindly got us a project for Christmas which is something I would never thought of myself. She got us a latch hook kit. My grandad once started one and really enjoyed it and Nanna then finished it so she thought it could be something that Tom and I can work on together. I thought that after working on my cardigan sleeve for a while today I would try it asa little rest from knitting. It is worryingly addictive and I am afraid I will become "hooked" and never do anything else.

The process is actually very easy. The kit comes with a gridded material for the backing and a large number of pre cut pieces of yarn. These then need hooking and attaching to the backing to make a rug. I have included some photos but due to being on my iPad I cannot add them one at a time and describe them...most annoying thing ever! Hope they make sense.





2 comments: