Wednesday 16 January 2013

A very wooly blog (although it's mostly acrylic)

I had such a blooming good evening yesterday that I feel I need to share it with you all.

It started with a trip to Knit Nottingham to have a look at the sale and to collect Eleanor to take her to Knit group.  I knew that the Cygnet DK was reduced to £1 a ball so I decided that now was the time to purchase the yarn needed for a blanket I have planned to make for ages.  In the summer I won 3 balls of sale yarn and got some beautiful turquoise to make a throw for the lounge but it is still in a bag with its labels on.  3 balls would never be enough so after scouring ravelry for patterns and finding that there are no yarn amounts I purchased 10 balls in beige and chocolate to make a Granny stripe blanket as featured by Lucy at Attic 24.  The beige and brown look beautiful with the turquoise and who can complain at making a whole throw for just £10!  Plus it got me another stamp on my loyalty card.

I did leave the house saying I would buy nothing other than blanket yarn but when I got there and saw the Wicked DK was also in the sale I just couldn't resist buying some in the grey shade to make myself something.  I had a vague idea about a plain crochet top but when I got home and looked on my bookshelf the answer was staring me in the face, a simple dress on the cover of the Geek Chic book I received with my last craft swap.  With a dark grey trim and pocket I think it will look beautiful.


After knocking a few things over on my way out of the door of the shop we got in the car and made our way into town for my first ever trip to Knit in Notts at Lee Rosy's Tea where I ordered a lovely cup of Spicy Chai.  I was a little nervous before hand but what a lovely bunch of people, I will most certainly be going again, it was fabulous!  When Lee Rosy's closed we headed over the road to BrewDog, I love a beer and the Punk IPA was just delicious.

All in all a fabulous and very exciting evening, I cannot wait to get started on my blanket and top but I have a number of other things that I must finish first.  Big smile on my face today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment