Sunday 2 December 2012

Biscuits and another Craft Fair

Today I went to a Craft Fair organised by a friend Jo from Uni who I haven't seen in a very long time.  I was quite excited as not only is she lovely so are her creations!  I was also excited to see another friend Becky from Uni and I was secretly hoping that she would have her baby with her and she did, he's lovely.

Beautiful cakes made by Becky, they were delicious!
A gorgeous framed peg board/notice board from Jo's stall.  Cant wait to get it above the desk I will have in the future for my crafting.
I also purchased a letter each for Tom and I to hang on the tree.

Since getting home I have finished cross stitching a fourth Christmas Card  and I have baked some biscuits for Tom because my suitcase is packed to visit my Parents for the week for some fresh sea side air and rest, if I don't get dragged into too much DIY.

It's a lovely recipe for simple but delicious biscuits so I thought I would share.

Mummy Halls Vanilla Biscuits

140g Icing Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract/essence
1 Egg yolk
250g Butter
375g Plain Flour

  1. Put icing sugar, vanilla, egg yolk and butter into a bowl and stir.  Add the flour and mix to make a firm dough.  Make this into 2 discs and wrap in cling film before placing in the fridge for 20-30 mins.
  2. Roll out the dough to the thickness of a £1 coin and cut into shapes.  Place them on lined or greased baking sheet.
  3. Bake for 12 mins at about 180 degrees until they are lightly golden.  Place on a wire rack to cool.
  4. Decorate with icing and enjoy.  Or if you are like me skip the cooling and icing stages.
The finished items (some were still in the oven) the mixture makes a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment