Sunday 11 November 2012

Remembrance Day Parade

As a lot of you know I have making and selling crochet poppies this year for The Poppy Appeal.  I was amazed by the amount of interest and I managed to raise £200 which I cannot thank everyone enough for.  Your donations are massively apreciated.


Due to the amount of support I received I thought it would be nice to make a wreath to lay down at the Memorial on Victoria Embankment.  It received many comments and was well liked by a lot of people.  I think it looks rather sweet amongst it's larger friends.



The Remembrance Day Parade we went to is the City of Nottingham's official and largest and there was quite a turn out for it.  The whole service was wonderful and did our fallen and fighting Servicemen proud.  A rather moving morning.










Thank you again to everybody who purchased a poppy, I have enjoyed making them and next year will find something different to hopefully raise more money for a very worthy cause.

Lest we Forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment