Saturday 10 November 2012

Little gifts and another update.

My parents have recently moved to the seaside and before going they brought my Nanna Hall's typewriter to me.  I used to play on it a lot when I was little and it's a marvelous old thing, I just love it.  Nanna spent hours with it and could type like a demon, I get the letters stuck a lot and miss the keys as it seems quite archaic compared to the keyboards I have gotten used to but that is all part of the charm.


Earlier this week I went to visit my Nanna Crowe who has been sorting through a bits and pieces and she has saved a few for me.  One of them is a book that I got her from a car boot sale when I was very little.  It's a Beatrix Potter knitting book and it is hilarious!  Here is a selection of the finer patterns on offer, they're brilliant.

She also had some old knitting odds and ends that belonged to my Great Grandma Whittemore.  She got them free with Womens Own magazine and they're still in their paper bags.  I thought they were quite sweet.


I thought I would also add a little update about my crafting projects which I annoyingly can't share as they are mostly going to be gifts.  I have made 4 lovely Christmas presents so far and I am working on another two as we speak.  I am also taking part in a craft swap again and this has been organised by Make and Craft magazine.  The theme is home decorations so not as clear as the last one but I do have some exciting and rather challenging ideas so hopefully I can pull them off and send on a lovely gift or two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment