Saturday 20 October 2012

Antiques

I do love an antique and today I have given some a new home.

For some time I have wanted something to store my knitting in so I don't have to take it to the bedroom with me to prevent the kittens from getting their paws on it! I love old boxes but often find them to be very expensive and a little lavish for storing knitting in. Whilst walking through an antiques centre in Newark though I spotted a gem in a half price sale meaning it was only £15 and absolutely perfect for my needs. I pondered for some time but I don't really know why because I love it!!!

I also spotted a lovely pair of old bank books including a leather bound one from the late 1800's. I commented on how beautiful they were and before I knew it I was handed them by a friend who had kindly purchased them for me. I just love the quality and really wish things were so well made nowadays. Having said that I suspect the owner of said bank book may have been a very wealthy pair of business men so may not have got the standard book!

No comments:

Post a Comment