Sunday 2 September 2012

Stressful few days and little knitted hand warmers.

It's been a stressful few days as Tom has been in hospital and despite the fact that stress makes me stitch this didn't really. Not until yesterday anyway. I went to visit for the afternoon and sat with Tom watching tv and knitting, I almost forgot where we were which for me and my phobia of hospitals was very impressive. I was knitting my first little "commission" of sorts, a little pair of hand warmers for a colleagues grand daughter who is seven. I got Tom home today and it was nice to have a little knit now that the stress has subsided a little and low and behold I finished them! I think they're a little bit lovely. Also, they are completely knitted in exactly the right way, I did not go through the back of the stitch or pearl backwards once!

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! And the stitching is perfect. Have you blocked them?!

    Hope you and Tom are both feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't blocked them, I'm not entirely sure how to do that to be honest.

    Thanks, loads better now he's home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't blocked them, I'm not entirely sure how to do that to be honest.

    Thanks, loads better now he's home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's dead simple to block. The easiest way is to soak them in warmish water and hair condition for a good half and hour to an hour, rinse out the hair conditioner and then lay flat do dry. I only asked because it's so neat that it looks like you've already done it. You should be really proud!

    ReplyDelete