Tuesday 21 August 2012

Seaside inspiration

I have had a beautiful few days in Aldeburgh. It was carnival weekend so the whole town came alive with crafts stalls, lovely food and general amazingness. I had a little paddle and felt my stresses wash away in the waves, lovely. The lantern procession on Monday was as always incredibly pretty although we didn't make it in time to join the end, we met the front. When everyone settled on the beach I could see nothing but twinkling paper lanterns glowing and lighting up the entire length of the beach. The 100's of floating Chinese lanterns looked beautiful over the sea. Then the fireworks were let off, wow! I couldn't help but smile the entire time, I felt like stress free five year old again and that is a wonderful feeling.

Anyway, I am now back in Nottingham and feeling as though I need to keep some of the seaside with me so instead of not washing the sand from between my toes I have decided to crochet some boat bunting. I have made boat number 1. It might be slightly adapted before I compile the final piece but it will look good however I make it.

I have uploaded a few photos of the best bits. Please excuse my sunburnt red nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment